Cube of White Marseille Soap
This authentic Marseille Soap ("Savon de Marseille") is made of vegetable oils and it contains no coloring, no added fragrances and no synthetic products. It is also free of petroleum-based products and animal fats, unlike most soaps and shower gels on the market.
Marseille soap has been handcrafted in France for about 600 years and Marius Fabre (member of the Union of Marseille Soap Makers) is one of four manufacturers still crafting genuine Marseille soap today.
White Marseille soap is more commonly used as a laundry soap, though it can also be used to wash hands, body and face. For more tips, see below!
Ingredients: Sodium palmate (Palm oil), Aqua, Sodium cocoate (Coconut oil), Sodium chloride, Sodium hydroxide.
PICK YOUR SIZE: 100g (3.5 oz), 200g (7oz), 400g (14oz).
How to Use Marseille Soap
This soap is extremely versatile and has a multitude of uses. Here are some of them:
- Skincare: very gentle on all skin types, it is particularly recommended for those that are irritated by synthetic soaps and cleansers.
- Shampoo for short hair: for a nice deep clean, especially for oily hair. Also works great as a dog shampoo!
- Toothpaste: rub your wet toothbrush on a piece of Marius Fabre Marseille (preferably the green one) soap, brush your teeth and rinse your mouth several times with water.
- Shaving: Lather your skin with wet Marseille soap before shaving
- Household cleaner: you can use Marseille soap on many types of flooring like tiles and stone floors, to clean your kitchen counters or pretty much any surface in your home. Simply rub Marseille soap on a damp cloth or sponge, clean and rinse!
- Stain remover: rub damp Marseille soap (preferably the white one) on stain, let it dry and wash as usual. Ideal for shirt collars, it also works well on stains such as alcohol, coffee, chocolate, food, and make up stains.
- Laundry detergent: gentle and effective, use your Marseille soap (preferably the white one) to hand wash all your delicate clothing such as cashmere, wool and silk. Ideal for newborn clothing. Or make your own liquid laundry detergent! Recipe: boil one gallon of water, mix in 150 grams of grated white Marseille soap and one cup of baking soda, stir until melted and well diluted. Let cool and pour in a sealed container. Don't forget to mix before each use!
- Plant pest control: in a container, pour hot water over 2 tablespoons of grated Marseille soap. Mix well. Let cool, pour in a spray bottle and spray on affected plants.
- Iron cleaner: rub some Marseille soap on a slightly warm iron. Wipe with a clean cloth.
- Moth repellent: hang a slice of Marseille soap in your closet
- Arthritis and cramp pain relief: place a cube or a slice of Marseille soap at the bottom of your bed.
- Antiseptic: rub some Marseille soap on small wounds, burns and insect bites, then rinse.